5. A rectangular parking space is marked out by painting three of its sides.If the length of the unpainted side is 9 feet, and the sum of the lengths of the painted sides is 37 feet, then what is the area of the parking space in square feet?
6. The length of a rope in meter by which a cow must be tethered in order that she may be able to graze an area of 2826 sq.m is ?
7. An order was placed for the supply of a carpet whose breadth was 6 m and length was 1.44 times the breadth. What be the cost of a carpet whose length and breadth are 40% more and 25% more respectively than the first carpet. Given that the ratio of carpet is Rs. 45 per sq. m ?
3. The area of a field in the shape of a trapezium measures 1440sq m. The perpendicular distance between its parallel sides is 24cm. If the ratio of the sides is 5:3, the length of the longer parallel side is:
4. A rectangular paper when folded into two congruent parts had a perimeter of 34cm foer each part folded along one set of sides and the same is 38cm. When folded along the other set of sides. What is the area of the paper?
5. The perimeter of a square is 40 meters. Find the length of one side of the square
6. The perimeter of a rectangle is 160 cm. The rectangle is 4 times longer than wide. What are the length and width of this rectangle?
7. 2 metres broad pathway is to be constructed around a rectangular plot on the inside. The area of the plots is 96 sq.m. The rate of construction is Rs. 50 per square metre. Find the total cost of the construction?
8. The edge of three cubes of metal is 3 m, 4 m and 5 m. They are melted and formed into a single cube. Find the edge of the new cube ?
9. A class is 6 meters 24 centimeters in length and 4 meters 32 centimeters in width. Find the least number of square tiles of equal size required to cover the entire floor of the class room ?
10. Calculate the number of bricks, each measuring 25 cm x 15 cm x 8 cm required to construct a wall of dimensions 10 m x 4 cm x 6 m when 10% of its volume is occupied by mortar ?
1. Two concentric circles form a ring. The inner and outer circumference of the ring are 352/7 m and 528/7m respectively.Find the width of the ring.
2. The perimeters of two squares are 40cm and 32 cm. Find the perimeter of a third square whose area is equal to the difference of the areas of the two squares.
3. A cow s tethered in the middle of a field with a 14feet long rope.If the cow grazes 100 sq feet per day, then approximately what time will be taken by the cow to graze the whole field?
4. Wheels of diameters 7cm and 14cm start rolling simultaneously from x & y which are 1980 cm apart towards each other in opposite directions. Both of them make the same number of revolutions per second. If both of them meet after 10seconds.The speed of the smaller wheel is
5. The length of the rectangle is 20% more than its breadth . what will be the ratio of the area of the rectangle to that of the square whose side is equal to the breadth of the rectangle?
Bank Po more Online Exam Quiz