5. A rectangular plot measuring 90 meters by 50 meters is to be enclosed by wire fencing. If the poles of the fence are kept 5 meters apart. How many poles will be needed?
6. A large field of 700 hectares is divided into two parts. The difference of the areas of the two parts is one-fifth of the average of the two areas. What is the area of the smaller part in hectares?
7. If a square and a rhombus stand on the same base, then the ratio of the areas of the square and the rhombus is:
8. A rectangular parking space is marked out by painting three of its sides.If the length of the unpainted side is 9 feet, and the sum of the lengths of the painted sides is 37 feet, then what is the area of the parking space in square feet?
9. The length of a rope in meter by which a cow must be tethered in order that she may be able to graze an area of 2826 sq.m is ?
10. An order was placed for the supply of a carpet whose breadth was 6 m and length was 1.44 times the breadth. What be the cost of a carpet whose length and breadth are 40% more and 25% more respectively than the first carpet. Given that the ratio of carpet is Rs. 45 per sq. m ?
1. In a rectangle, length is three times its breadth. If the length and the breadth of the rectangle are increased by 30% and 100% respectively, then its perimeter increases by
2. A rectangular grassy plot 110m by 65cm has a gravel path .5cm wide all round it on the inside. Find the cost of gravelling the path at 80 paise per sq.mt
3. The ratio of bases of two triangles is x:y and that of their areas is a:b. Then the ratio of their corresponding altitudes wll be
4. If each side of a square is increased by 25%, find the percentage change in its area.
5. If the perimeters of a square and a rectangle are the same, then the area a & b enclosed by them would satisfy the condition:
6. The area of a square field is 69696sq.cm..its diagonal will be equal to
7. What is the least number of squares tiles required to pave the floor of a room 15 m 17 cm long and 9 m 2 cm broad ?
8. The area of a field in the shape of a trapezium measures 1440sq m. The perpendicular distance between its parallel sides is 24cm. If the ratio of the sides is 5:3, the length of the longer parallel side is:
9. A rectangular paper when folded into two congruent parts had a perimeter of 34cm foer each part folded along one set of sides and the same is 38cm. When folded along the other set of sides. What is the area of the paper?
10. The perimeter of a square is 40 meters. Find the length of one side of the square
Bank Exams more Online Exam Quiz