Indian Schools List
India is a developing country and has an excellent education system. There are thousands of schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutions around the country. Education is the top priority and the Government of India extends support to children under any level of status.
Books, uniforms and even in some States Laptops are also provided for students. Most of the Government schools provide lunch with healthy food to children. many are run by the State Government, some are aided by the Central and State Governments. Many private institutions have created world class atmosphere to children who can afford them.
There are more than 13 million schools in this country. We have given few information like address, facilities and faculties of these schools in this website. Indian education system is one of the largest education systems in the World; it caters to the needs of more than 1,028 million people.
Search for a school State wise
You can search for a school in a state, district or block across the country and view the school information. Browse through the state list as below:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra Nagar Haveli
- Daman Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Indian Education system
- India’s education system is divided into different levels such as pre-primary level, primary level, elementary education, secondary education, undergraduate level and postgraduate level.
- The central and most state boards uniformly follows the “10+2+3” (10 years secondary education, 2 years higher secondary in schools and then 3 years or 4 years degree in college) pattern of education.
- The 10 years is further divided into 5 years of primary education and 3 years of upper primary, followed by 2 years of high school.
- Education in India is provided by the public sector as well as the private sector, with control and funding coming from three levels: central, state, and local.
- Education in India falls under the control of both the Union Government and the State Governments, with some responsibilities lying with the Union and the states having autonomy for others.